Instructions for Daily Checklist
The Daily Checklist is very simple; just follow these suggestions to begin to work your program one day at a time. You may print out your Daily Checklist, complete it and sign it at the end of each day. I used to review my Daily Checklist with my sponsor during my nightly phone call, you may want to do the same.
1) We begin our day by saying our ‘Please” prayer. This is when we ask our Higher Power or the God of our Understanding to keep us sober for today. You may want to use the following simple “Please” prayer:
Please keep me sober today.
2) We set aside a few minutes at the beginning of each day to read affirmations and/or to read spiritual literature.
3) We attend 90 recovery meetings in 90 days. These 90/90 meetings are important as we are laying the firm foundation for our new way of life.
4) Every meeting is like a treasure hunt. You will find a “gem” at each meeting you attend. Listen. Pay attention. Messages of recovery are everywhere…you just need to look for them. Write it down in your daily checklist.
5) We understand the importance of calling our sponsor or someone else in recovery every day. This allows us to stay current with someone who understands the challenges we’re going through and to answer our questions.
6) We take a few minutes every night to read recovery literature. Could be from the AA Big Book, NA Basic Text, Al-Anon’s Path to Recovery or whatever literature is suggested by your home group or sponsor as long as it’s about recovery.
7) We end our day by saying our “Thank you” prayer. This is when we thank our Higher Power or the God of our Understanding for keeping us sober today. You may want to use the following simple “Thank you” prayer:
Thank you for keeping me sober today.
To join the online 12 Steps Workshop, please register with the Step Workshop to attend our weekly audio meetings. During the online meeting, you will have the opportunity to review your work with the group and you will receive your new assignments and exercise for the following week.
To hear more 12 Steps speaker presentations click here.
To schedule a telephone appointment for a private telephone conference with an experienced step workshop guide click here.
StepWorkShop.com and 12StepsWorkshop.com © All Rights Reserved. Online 12 Steps Study and Recovery WorkShop for AA, NA, and Alanon. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without written permission. For reprint authorization contact: support AT stepworkshop DOT COM